There are two types of complaints that can be made:
- Against the policies of, or services provided by the Windsor Police Service
- Against the conduct of a Windsor Police Service officer
The administration of public complaints will be overseen by the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD), an arms-length civilian agency of the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General. The OIPRD is responsible for receiveing, overseeing, monitoring, and dealing with all public complaints against police in Ontario.
How to make an OIPRD complaint:
- Visit the OIPRD website to make a complaint online;
- Select MAKE A COMPLAINT
- Select COMPLAINT FORMS
- Select ONLINE FORM
- Fill out the form and submit it to the OIPRD through their website or in the following manner:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-877-411-4773
- Fax: 1-877-415-4773
- Mail form to: Office of the Independent Police Review Director
- 655 Bay Street, 10th Floor
- Toronto, Ontario
If you require further assistance or would like to speak to the Windsor Police Service's Professional Standards Branch about your concerns regarding the policies of the services provided by the WPS, or about the conduct of a WPS police officer, you can contact the office at (226) 674-1360 x21.
You may also attend the Professional Standards Branch office at: 2nd Floor - 250 Windsor Avenue.