Traffic Enforcement Unit
Officers in Traffic Enforcement Unit, work cooperatively with other policing agencies and the Ministry of Transportation enforcing traffic laws. Targeted enforcement is carried out in the areas of speeding, truck safety, and strict enforcement at high collision intersections within the city.
The Windsor Police Service Traffic Enforcement Unit consists of a Staff Sergeant, Sergeants, and Traffic Enforcement Officers.
The Traffic Enforcement officers also perform the following duties:
• Collision Reconstruction Investigation – Several officers are qualified at various levels to conduct investigations of serious motor vehicle collisions.
• Breath Program Coordinator - responsible for testing and maintenance of all related equipment and is responsible for the coordination of training service wide and for liaison with the courts, other police agencies and with the provincial coordinator.
• Drug Recognition Coordinator – responsible for coordination of training service wide and liaison with the provincial coordinator.
• Radar Program Coordinator – responsible for testing and maintenance of all related equipment and is responsible for the coordination of training service wide.
• RIDE Program Coordinator – responsible to coordinate RIDE operations including joint forces operations.
• Motorcycle/ATV Trainer – responsible for introductory and maintenance training of motorcycle enforcement officers and for ATV training when required.
New and Alternative Vehicles.pdf