Skip to main content Skip to navigation Skip to footer
Online Crime Reporting 




Using t​his online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.

​If you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Crime Stoppers​.

Please co​nfirm the following to find out if online ​citizen police report filing is right for you:

  • This is NOT a crime in progress        
  •  This incident occurred within the City of Windsor or Town of Amherstburg​ limits      
  •  You have a valid email address

If the above are true you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you are unsure about any of the above please look at our Frequently Asked Questions​ for Online Crime Reporting.



Filing a false police report is a crime.

  • All cases filed using the Citizens Crime Reporting System will be reviewed.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
  • Reports filed on behalf of a third party. i.e. another person or for public property, will not be accepted. Reports must be filed by the actual complainant, owner or authorized representative.   
Upon completion of this report process you will:
  • See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
  • Be given a police report case number.
  • Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Using the Windsor Police Service Online Crime Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
​Incidents Involving Vehicles
Stolen Licence Plate(s)  ​​​​​​
Has the licence plate(s) from your vehicle been stolen?

​​​​​Theft from a Vehicle  ​​​​
Did someone enter your personal or business vehicle 
and take items without permission? 

​​​​​Damage/Mischief to a Vehicle  ​​​​
Has someone damage, defaced, or vandalized 
your vehicle?  This may include:
  • Denting, scratching, or keying the vehicle
  • Throwing eggs or another object at the vehicle
  • Breaking windows or lights
  • Slashing tires, etc.

Theft of or Damage to Property
Theft  ​​​​
Did someone take property from you without 
Note: The theft of a motor vehicle cannot be 
reported online.  

Damage/Mischief to Property  ​​​​
Has someone damaged, defaced, or vandalized public
or private property? This may include:
  • ​Breaking windows or mailboxes
  • Throwing eggs or another object at property
  • Graffiti, or other forms of defacing property

Frauds & Scams

​​​​Identity Theft  ​​​​​​
Has someone obtained and used your personal 
information (name, date of birth, Social Insurance 
Number, etc.) without your permission?
Note: Before filing an identity theft report:​

  • Verify that your documents are still in your possession and have not been lost or stolen. If your documents have been lost or stolen, please file a lost property, theft, or theft from vehicle report instead. Do not file an identity theft report.
  • Notify any financial, government, or commercial institutions where you have an account that may have been affected.

Fraud by Card ​​​/ Cheque
Has someone used your bank or credit card information 
to access your account or withdraw funds?
​Note: Before you file a Fraud report:
  • Verify that your cards or cheques are still in your possession and have not been lost or stolen. If your cards or cheques have been lost or stolen, please file a lost property, theft, or theft from vehicle report instead. Do not file a fraud report.
  • Notify any financial, government, or commercial institutions where you have an account that may have been affected.

Scams  ​​​​​
Have you provided money or property to someone 
who presented themselves deceitfully?
Note: Additional information on scams can be found 

​​​​​Fraud - Failure to Provide Services  ​​​​
Have you paid for goods or services and you believe  
that the other party took your money without the intent 
to fulfill the agreement?


More evidence is needed to find the accused at fault in criminal cases than to find the defendant at fault in civil ones. To convict someone of a crime, the prosecution must show there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the person committed the crime and, in most cases that they intended to commit it. Judges and juries cannot convict someone they believe probably committed the crime or likely is guilty – they must be almost certain. This gives the accused the benefit of any reasonable doubt and makes it less likely an innocent person will be wrongfully convicted and imprisoned. Civil cases, in contrast, must be proven on a balance of probabilities – if it is more likely than not that the defendant caused harm or loss, a court can uphold a civil claim.

The local Crown indicated that the difference between whether a case is deemed to be Civil or Criminal is the fact that it has to be “APPARENT” that the person intended to take the money without any work being done. If this can’t be established then the only other recourse to prove criminal intent is to establish a “PATTERN”  multiple complainants which establishes the same pattern of behavior. Then the case could be viewed by the Crown as Criminal instead of civil.

Otherwise complainant(s) must seek civil remedies to deal with their disputes. Initiate a small claims action or report them to the Better Business Bureau, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Electrical Safety Authority. Canada Revenue Agency leads can be launched if money was taken and the person feels that this income in not being reported.


Contact Numbers

Better Business Bureau: 519-258-7222

Ministry of Government and Consumer Affairs: 1-800-889-9768 or 416-326-8800 

Electrical Safety Authority: 519-966-2362

Canada Revenue Agency: 1-866-809-6841

Windsor Small Claims: Inquiries 519-973-6620  



Drug Activity

Illegal Drug Use/Dealing  ​
Are you aware of ongoing use or selling of illegal drugs at 
a particular residence or neighbourhood? Or, are 
you aware of underage persons (under 19 years old) 
using drugs or consuming alcohol?

Illegal Production of Drugs  ​​​​​
Are you aware of an illegal cannabis growing operation, 
or other clandestine laboratory used to produce drugs 
(i.e. methamphetamine)?


 For Businesses


Shoplifting (Retail Location Only)  ​​​​
Has something been stolen from a retail location at 
which you are an employee, manager, or security?
Note: Shoplifting reports will only be accepted by 
those authorized to report on behalf of the retail location.

Theft of Gas ​​​​
Are you the owner, manager, or employee of a gas 
station reporting the theft or non-payment of gas?
Note: Reports will only be accepted by those authorized 
to represent the gas station.

If you have additional information you would like to add to an already existing online report please click here to file a supplemental report.